Ask Ms Ida!

Ask Ms Ida!

Monday, July 20, 2009

Vacation

Can you believe it, I am on vacation. Or as I prefer to call it this go round a Staycation. Recently one of my cars was involved in an accident. State Farm decided it was driver error on the part of the driver of my car. So... there went the vacation money! Such is life. I did buy myself a neat camera for my vacation gift. Not as cool as a waterfall but now I can take cool photos of the waterfall.

My class will be being covered for me by a wonderful past student, now friend and co-worker. And this post is really intended to tell you about her. I first met her several years back when the factory she worked in decided to outsource its work overseas. (One of the beginning errors that helped put our country into the mess it is in now in my opinion) She was offered an education to compensate for the loss of work. She and a friend of hers chose cosmetology. She was a very demanding and curious student. Once she completed her studies my boss and I courted her for some time (a few years!) to return and take the instructor course. Finally she broke down and did. She took the course, passed her test and became one of the most competent instructors I have ever had the joy of working with. I am indeed blessed to have her in my life. I feel certain my class will be in very competent hands this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment